The Cozy Team is proud to announce that we are getting bigger! We get several big orders around Cozy. That’s why we are recruiting an Enthusiastic Web Developer to change the world with us. You will find details in the following.
Cozy makes personal server management easy. We allow to anyone to host his web apps and his data on his own hardware. This paradigm unleashes web application capabilities and solves many privacy issues brought by centralized architecture. Yes, You get it, our goal is to make the web a better place!
What is our business model? Cozy is a kind of Android for web servers. This is an open platform that companies can provide on top of their box (NAS, dedicated server, ISP box…). This way they take advantage of a robust architecture and a rich application ecosystem. Cozy is free and open source for the individual but Cozy cluster management tools are proprietary (that is what we sell). For that, we are already working with Orange, La Poste and are building a partnership with a big hosting provider.
What you will do
You will build and improve the official Cozy applications (mail client, file manager, device synchronization…). Of course, you will also contribute to the Cozy mainstack. And sometimes, you will develop specific apps for our clients. It will be an opportunity for you to imagine new services around personal data. Finally, you will contribute to projects related to Cozy (it means you will have a beautiful Github timeline quickly).
- Remote Office
- Main technos : Node.js, Express, Backbone, CouchDB and some Python.
- Main product published under a FOSS License (AGPL).
- Short meeting every day at 2pm and regular physical meetings in Paris.
- Agile organisation.
- Salary will include equity.
What we expect from you
You have skills in web development.
- You like to discover new technologies.
- You like to share your knowledge.
- You think that QA is a matter of importance (TDD, linting, readable code…).
- You want to be part of our mission to build the next generation of web services.
- You are ok with the startup working style: flat organization and changing context.
You are our perfect candidate if you add the following points:
- You are a master of Node.js
- You have a deep understanding of the DOM.
- You know everything about CouchDB.
- You have notion in Design and UX.
- CSS don’t scare you.
If you are interested send an email to ben [at] cozycloud [dot] cc
icon from iconmonstr.com