This brand new version of the Cozy personal cloud arises a great usability improvement, a new architecture more scalable and the sync with new operating systems (Windows, MacOS, iOS and Android).
Paris, 9th of June 2017, during the Futur en Seine Festival, Cozy Cloud introduces a brand new version of its Open source Cozy platform, of which the Beta will be released very soon.
This very new release is the result of a deep and complete rewrite. This overhaul gives a real maturity to the personal cloud platform with which it can reach a wider audience. It is now easier to use, with more features, and it can serve millions of users thanks to its improved architecture.
This version 3 of Cozy arises from a major work started eight months ago, and it results with these improvements:
- A simpler usability, more homogeneous for more ease of use ;
- The advent of sync clients compatible with Windows, MacOS, iOS and Android ;
- A new architecture based on a Go programming language back-end ;
- An improved API along with a new library to simplify third party applications development ;
- Connectors allowing personal data collection from third party services, thus anticipating the data portability compeled by the european GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
Throughout the demo given at the Futur en Seine Festival, Cozy Cloud could demonstrate an alpha version of a banking agregator which introduce our vision of a “agregators’ agregator” for each individual who has a Cozy personal cloud.
The Cozy demo is available on the Cozy Cloud stand in the MAIF exhibition space at Futur en Seine Festival in the grande halle de la Villette.
Tristan Nitot — Chief Product Officer — tristan @ cozycloud . cc — +33 611 47 05 72